Interviews with smart soccer people
Howler editor George Quraishi interviews soccer journalists, managers, players, and activists. Dummy is about everything except what happened on the field last week: the business, politics, history, personalities, and social issues that touch the world’s favorite game.
Get an email every time we publish a new episode.
June 9, 2017
George and Bobby discuss last night’s game between the U.S. national team and Trinidad and try to answer a few questions:
- Which players are emerging as Bruce Arena’s automatic picks?
- Who should be playing between Altidore, Dempsey, and Wood?
- Michael Bradley or Kellyn Acosta?
- How will Mexico attack the U.S. back line of Yedlin, Cameron, Brooks, and Villafaña?
- Why is Villafaña only getting his first caps now, at the age of 27?
Bobby was running out to catch a plane to Mexico City, so they taped a short segment near the end in which they analyze the build-up to the first U.S. goal. This is for Bobby’s podcast “The Play” but you’ll probably enjoy it too.